To download apps from the AppStore, you'll need an iTunes Store Account that is activated, you need it even if the apps you want are free.
And to activate your account, you MUST have a credit card.
Here's how to create an iTunes Store account:
- On your computer, open iTunes and go to iTunes Store
- At the top-right corner of the iTunes Store window, you'll see Sign In. Click on it
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Create New Account
- iTunes will welcome you to the iTunes Store. Just click Continue.
- iTunes wiil show you the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions...Check on the box that indicates you agree, then click Continue
- Provide some basic information for your iTunes Store Account... At the bottom, you'll see some emailing options which you can check or uncheck, it doesn't matter. Once finish, click Continue
- Grab your credit card and provide your payment method information. Click Done once finishDon't worry, this is safe, I've been using my account for 6 months already and there's no hidden charges. And if Apple said the app is free, it's really free. There's absolutely no surprises.
- iTunes will show you the Account Information summary. Verify that all information are correct and click Done, again
After that, you're all set! Go to AppStore and download all you want!To download apps, you can either use AppStore from iTunes on your computer & sync apps afterwards; or use the AppStore app that's embedded on your iDevice.