Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If you are facing wireless interference on the wireless connection and have already tried resetting and changing wireless channel on the routers and the issue still persists then please check the factors that could cause wireless interference.
The factors you need to check:
1) Make sure that the router is sitting on a wooden desk. If it is sitting on any metallic surface or on top of your Monitor or CPU, please remove it and then keep it on a wooden or glass surface.
2) Some modems may create interference with the router. So it is always advice able that you place your router at least 3 feet away from the modem.
3) Since Your router is having internal antennas, the transmission capability of your router can be increased if your router is mounted vertically rather than keeping it horizontally.
4) Similarly, Make sure that the wireless adapter in your wireless computer is positioned in such a way that it can receive wireless signals generated from the router without any disturbances. If your wireless adapter is hiding inside any enclosed surface you can position it properly.
5) Similarly if you have a cordless phone operating at 2.4 Ghz, It will definitely interfere with the wireless signals generated from the router. Make sure that you keep your cordless phone away from the router or other wireless devices or you can even switch off the phone for sometime for testing purpose.
6) Also try disabling the personal firewalls in your computer like Mcafee, Norton Internet security, Spy ware, Zone alarm etc.
Hope this information allows you to resolve the issue.
Posted by Anand... on
Apr 22, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 22, 2011 | Linksys WRT300N Wireless Router
Nov 21, 2010 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
May 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 08, 2007 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
172 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!