Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Many a times you must have come across a weird error message while using wireless connection on the computer with Vista operating system.
This error message generally appears when the existing wireless settings on your network have been modified or removed. You may either revert the wireless settings on your wireless router or access point or configure the concerned Vista computer to match the new wireless settings. Follow the below steps to configure the settings on the computer:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a Password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
To know about the security key or passphrase on your NETGEAR ROUTER'S please visit the below tip:
For any other make of the router, please contact technical support of the concerned router.
Posted by Anand... on
Dec 25, 2010 | Linksys E1000 IEEE 80211bgn Wireless...
May 05, 2010 | Microsoft Windows? Vista Home Basic...
Nov 18, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G 802.11g/b
Feb 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
124 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!