Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
When i start my dell pa 12up and it takes 10 mins to load to windows XP, , when the windowsloading screen comes up the FANS go crazy. I then wait till i’m at thedesktop at which point i immediately shut down the pa 12(which takes afurther 7 mins) while the FANs are going crazy.
Now if i start the pa 12 again it works normally.
I had to do this procedure everyday, untill today when i switched the pa 12 on, waited till the desktop appaered and i removed the battery while the pa 12 was on..
Now when i switch the pa 12 on it powers up but i’m not getting anything on the screen
First try a different AC adapter (such as :pa 10 ac adapter)
If no change then the issue is the motherboard. Often the AC adapter will fail then the battery discharges and you get the symptoms youdescribe.
SO AC adapter then MB
It shows no power on your laptop but it shows you the dvd player led comes on then off.
I would suggest try the following:
1. Remove laptop battery, optical drive, hard drive and ram. Remove external peripherals as well.
2. Make sure AC Adapter is not yet connected to the laptop. Pressand hold on the laptop’s power button for 10 seconds to drain the powerflea.
3. Connect the AC Adapter to a known good power outlet, check ACAdapter power LED if it is on. Try to sense if AC Adapter is not makinga bit of noise when it is plugin to the wall power outlet.
4. Connect now the AC Adapter (hp dv6000 ac adapter)tothe laptop. Check if AC Adapter LED stays on when it is connected tothe laptop. If the LED stays on means the AC Adapter is fine. If the ACAdapter LED turned off check the AC Adapter pin that goes to the laptopAC socket if it is loose.
5. If laptop AC Adapter stays on after connecting to the laptop try topower on laptop. If no power LED comes on then this is motherboardproblem.
6. Before replacing the motherboard there is one checking needs todo. If you can open your laptop bottom part then good, do this whenlaptop is not connected to any power source. Try to reseat the laptopCMOS battery then try to power on laptop after, if still fails thenreplace motherboard. I hope this helps.
Posted by udtekadapt... on
Feb 25, 2012 | Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook
Aug 05, 2011 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Feb 02, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
Dec 30, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook
Dec 12, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook
220 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!