Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Computers are of great help for everyone. It isthe most advanced machine without which life will come to a halt. Butit is no exception to problems or errors. There are numerous types ofproblems, which can hamper your work productivity. Generally, thecomputer problems are categorized as software problem and hardwareproblem.
The software problems are related to the applications installed on acomputer. In other words, when a computer program does not do the workit is designed to do, it is referred as software issue. As a result thecomputer behaves abnormally. It can slow down in performance, orsometimes doesn’t start at all. Some of the commonl software problemsare:
- User interface problems
- Calculation problems
- Communication problems
- Function problems
- Testing problems
- Design problems
Documentation problems A hardware problem occurs with themalfunctioning of some physical part of a computer system likemotherboard, sound card, mouse, keyboard, power supply, storagecontrollers, video display controller, removable media devices,internal storage and many others.
There are some problems which don’t require any type of technicalexpertise to solve them. If you are a beginner then also you can try tosolve such problems. In case, you face any performance related problemwith your computer then you can test out your PC’s hard drive to solvesuch issue, or you can also check whether the external hard driveattached to a PC is working properly or not. Follow these steps tocheck a Windows 7 computer hard drive for problems:
1. Click on "Start" button, and then click on "Computer".
2. Right-click the particular drive which you wish to check for problems, and then click on "Properties" tab.
3. Click on the "Tools" tab, and then click on "Check now" under "Problem checking" option.
4. You will see two options: "Automatically fix file system problems"and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors", you can select anyone option or both the options, in case you want to check and repairboth the file problems and physical problems.
5. Finally click on "Start" to start the process.
If any problem occurs in a computer, the computer behaves in abnormalmanner. You can try to fix the problems yourself but if you’re unableto do so, you may seek assistance from any computer professional.
Posted by Alena... on
Feb 01, 2014 | Technogym Deck, 52"
Jan 19, 2009 | Gateway M-6340u PC Notebook
Dec 06, 2008 | Washing Machines
274 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!