Download Windows Vista UxTheme patch
How to install
1. Login as a user with Administrative privileges -or- have Administrative credentials ready (check under the keyboard for a slip of paper).
2. Navigate to %systemroot%\System32
3. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
4. Take ownership of the file and close dialogs.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll
6. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
7. Give yourself (or group) Full Control permissions and close dialogs.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll.
9. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old.
10. Rename themeui.dll to themeui.old.
11. Rename shsvcs.dll to shsvcs.old.
12. Copy patched files into %systemroot%\System32
If you find the above too intimidating, download VistaGlazz
and just run it, it automates the whole patching process so you don’t have to worry about it!
Download a Windows Vista Visual Style
from a free Windows Vista Themes
gallery, and copy the theme to Windows/Resources/Themes folder.
Right click on desktop and click on Personalize. From the page that pops up, click on Theme and choose your newly installed theme!