Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
If your Xbox 360 DVD drive won’t eject it can be a very simple fix.
The Samsung drive is almost always a very simple fix, if you have another drive, it may be more difficult.
To identify your drive, follow this guide:
• Remove the faceplate by firmly grasping the opening for the USB ports and pulling.
• Underneath the DVD tray there should be a small hole.
• Look at the wires in the hole to identify which drive type you have.
Red and Black Wires = Samsung Drive
Yellow Wires = LiteOn Drive
White Wires = BenQ Drive
No Wires = Hitachi Drive
It is very common for a Samsung drive to not eject. It’s a very simple fix for this!
1. Power on your Xbox 360
2. Press the eject button
3. When the Xbox 360 “tries” to eject, just simply push in on the tray cover.
That should make it eject!
If it does not, please follow the guide for the other drives below:
This requires you to disassemble your Xbox 360. IF you don’t know how, look it up on google, there are plenty of guides.
Then follow these steps:
1. Remove your Xbox 360 DVD drive from the Xbox 360
2. Turn over and remove the four screws securing the drive (6 screws if it’s a Hitachi)
3. Remove the top cover of the DVD drive.
4. Put the drive back in the Xbox 360, connect the wires, and power on your Xbox 360.
5. Once the 360 powers on, eject the drive. Most of the time it should eject normally. If it doesn’t you may have to force it.
6. Unplug the Xbox 360. If you turn it off with the power button the tray will close first, we need it open.
7. Near the front of the drive, you should now be able to see and access a small rubber band that was hidden by the tray.
8. Remove the band, lubricate and replace.
9. Replace the top cover and hook up and test.
10. If that doesn’t work, you may need a new rubber band. If you can get one of the right size, replace and test.
Posted by mactechj on
Dec 22, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 24, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 18, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
3,555 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!