Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Click start ->Run.
2. In the Run window, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotes), click OK.
3. Device Manager Window will pop out, in this screen at the bottom you will see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
4. Click on the(+) sign next to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and look for "USB Composite Device".
5. Right click on "USB Composite Device" and select Uninstall.(Read Note)
6. After the the device is uninstalled, disconnect the USB cable from the back of the computer.
7. Restart the computer, after the system is booted plugin the USB cable.
8. You may need to wait for sometime for the device installation to get complete.
9 . Then try to print a word document.
Note: Before uninstalling the "USB Composite Device" right click on it and select properties to confirm whether that driver is for the printer.
Thanks & Regards,
Posted by Mohammed... on
First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:
Click "Start" button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the "Search" bar and press "Enter". Click "Continue" if necessary.
In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.
Oct 07, 2012 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Jan 14, 2011 | Gateway 310 S PC Desktop
Feb 02, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
423 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!