Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet

Fuse Blown?

When a Fuse "Blows" NEVER just replace it. (unless the cause is obvious, ie: you shorted a wire out yourself while working etc.) One must always find the exact cause for this, otherwise there is a risk of fire or even explosion... The reason a fuse Blows, is due to a short-circuit of some sort, to earth. Occasionally a fuse may spontaneously fail... but this is rare.
These types of problems must only be sorted out by qualified service man/center.
Always observe safety precautions.

Posted by on

Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

keeps blowing fuse


There are several things that can cause the fuse to blow. PTO stands for Power Take Off and most likely this will not be the problem unless it blows the fuse when it is turned on. What you are saying is the fuse is blowing by just turning on the switch will be a short which can be anything from a pinched wire, shorted diode, short in the stator. bad voltage regulator.etc

Apr 17, 2014 | Cub Cadet Lawn Mower Electric PTO Clutch...

2 Answers

fuse number 49 will keep malfunctioning when a new one is installed. A/C, cooling fan, and interior lights do not work? why does the fues keep blowing?


there is a short to ground some where. one of the loads may have failed internally, ie compressor clutch, fan, or lights. wiring diagram and a few hours to trace wires will be needed. DVOM would help as well, to check wiring making sure they are clean.

May 25, 2010 | 2004 Jaguar X-Type

2 Answers

Blowing 3amp fuses


You have a low voltage short. A lot of low voltage shorts come from the wires that go out to the outdoor unit. Go outside and inspect those wires and that they are in good condition. Also check for any splices in those wires that they haven't degraded in any way. This is the only thing that will blow the fuse. That's why it's only 3 amps and based on the size of your fuse, it's a gas fired unit right? Have a great day!

Apr 10, 2009 | Ruud UBHC Air Conditioner

1 Answer

Oven fuse blows - Nothing works


try lifting the stove top assy and checking wires under main top, leading to the elements them selves??? if tis tripping and not allowing to reset its gotta be an obvious short. isit hard wired directly to stove or into a 220 cord and plug???id look again, perhaps remove entire back panel and have someone trip on the breaker you might see where it flashes as it trips off

Apr 03, 2008 | Tappan TEF242 Electric Kitchen Range

5 Answers

Microwave not works


WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Apr 01, 2006 | Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?

149 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...