Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
Your TV is equipped with SAP mode, this mode allows you to hear sound in a different language if available, if that second language is not available on that channel you will get no sound on that channel, this is a very common mistake which occurs when some one presses( usually by accident) a button on the remote control, the button is displayed as SAP on remote control or as secondary audio in audio mode in menu, simple to resolve is to switch this setting to STEREO on audio setting.
Posted by bmaya361 on
• Check the antenna/cable connections (see Chapter 2).
• The station may have broadcast difficulties. Try another channel.
• The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
• If you hear no sound, try setting the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• Make sure the SPEAKERS function in the AUDIO SETUP menu is set correctly (page 83).
• If you are not receiving a second audio program from a known SAP source, make sure the MTS feature is
set to SAP mode (page 81).
• If you hear audio that seems "incorrect" for the program you are watching (such as music or a foreign
language), the SAP mode may be on. Set the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• When using an external audio amplifier, if you connect the amplifier to the VAR. AUDIO OUT jacks, the
volume of the TV and amplifier must be set above 0 or you will not hear any sound (page 20).
Dec 03, 2010 | Toshiba 57HX94 57 in. HDTV Television
Oct 28, 2010 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Jun 21, 2009 | RCA R52WM24 52" HDTV Projection Television
Dec 18, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FV27 36" TV
Feb 14, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-13SH3U 13 in. EDTV-Ready...
203 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!