How to Disable iPhone 3G GPRS or Edge Connection
- Tap “Setting – General – Network – Cellular Data Network”. In the“APN, Username and Password” field, simply type in some words soiPhone will not pass the correct values to service providers. Restart your iPhone if necessary.
- How to Set Content RestrictionYou can set restrictions for iPod content for the use of some applications on iPhone. For example, parents can restrict explicit music from being seen on playlists, or turn off YouTube access entirely.
Just go to “General – Restrictions” then tap Enable Restrictions and enter a four-digit passcode to restrict your content.
- How to Customize iPhone Wallpaper as Google Calendar and NotesgCalWall Lite enables users to add their upcoming Google Calendar appointments to their home/unlock screens.
- How to Train your iPhone to Learn New WordsYou can train your phone to “remember” words if you type themrepeatedly, but this tutorial will teach you a better way to train youriPhone to learn new words on the fly.
- How to Select Other Domain Name EndingsWhen you type a website URL in the address bar, you can now holddown the “.com” button to get a selection of other domain name endingsand tap on any of the endings to insert them in the address bar. [via tuaw]
- How to Take Screen ShotHold the “home” button, then hit the “power/sleep” button, the screen will momentarily flash, and the iPhone’s current screen contents will be saved to the Camera Roll.
- How to Hide SMS PreviewWith Show SMS Preview disabled you will only get a generic “New Text Message”.
Go to “General > Passcode Lock” and enter a 4-digit passcode. After that disable “Show SMS Preview”.
- How to Increase the Volume of the RingerYour iPhone’s ringer volume issue can be resolved by using a custom ringtone rather than ringtones currently available on the iPhone.
- How to Save Images in Safari and MailJust touch and hold an image in Safari or Mai, an action sheet willbe presented to enable you to save the image. The image will get storedin the “Saved Photos” library of the Photos app.
- How to Insert Extra Punctuation KeysTouch and hold the punctuation key and you get a set of additional keys to choose from.
- How to Force Quit An AppHave you ever been using an app and it’s become completely frozen?You can actually apply a force quit on it by pressing the Home buttonfor at least six seconds.