Tip & How-To about eBay Auctions
1. Create and Ebay account if not already done so.
2. Do a simple search for the item you wish to sell. This is to get an idea on prices similar items are selling for.
3. Click on sell in the upper right hand corner, then click start selling
4. Enter keywords about your item (up to 3) and then select one or more catagories to list in. (the more catagories, the more popularity and more chance to sell, but don't just list in a category it doesn't belong in just to get more popularity.)
5. Fill out the form for selling the thing.
-Starting- this is the price that the auction starts at, if someone bids, it will sell for no lower than this.
-Reserve - This will allow you to set you starting bid as low as you want and have it sell for no lower than the reserve. (keep in mind this may drive away some people)
-Buy it now - This is the price that you can give to buyers if they simply want to buy and don't want to auction.
6. Upload pictures. Pictures are important. Sometimes this may make the difference between selling and not selling. I always try to use pictures of the actual product. It just lets buyers know what they are actually getting.
7. Use the best description you can, the more details there are, the more attractive it is to the buyer. DON'T repeat the same thing over and over just to get more words.
8. Pick a good shipping method, and what I have found out the best way to do it is to go to a shipping place, have it packaged up, and have them tell you how much it will be to ship. Tha way you will have no surprise shipping costs. You can also always refund the extra pice for shipping if you over-estimate.
9. List the item. eBay is pretty good at helping you the rest of the way.
I hope you enjoy selling things on ebay and soon you will become a master. Pretty soon, you'll be earning yourself stars.
Posted by willell on
Jan 18, 2011 | eBay Auctions
Oct 28, 2010 | eBay Auctions
Oct 03, 2009 | eBay Auctions
394 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!