Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1- Go to start-run-command
2- Write cd.. (notice the tow dots) and press enterwrite cd.. (again) and press enter
3- Write (cd windows) and press enter
4- Write (cd system32) and press enter
5- Write (setup) and enterIf you get that message
(Please switch to the control panel to install components and systems composition)
Then that means your pc is clean.
The idea here is the (setup) file which is located within(system32) is shut down when your pc
infected and open when your pc isnot infected because mostviruses shut down all system.exe extensions. I’ve tried it and it worked!
Posted by ziggy12 on
Aug 15, 2013 | HP Compaq Presario V5000Z Notebook
1. Check your BIOS to be sure your computer will boot from a CD.
Enter the BIOS setup by pressing the "Delete" or F2 or "F12"
key, or as directed at the startup screen, immediately after booting. Set the
first boot device to "CDROM" or "DVDROM" instead of
"hard drive" if it isn't already.
2. MS-DOS command prompt
Insert the Windows XP installation CD into your CD or DVD drive
and restart the computer. When prompted, choose to start from the MS-DOS
command prompt with CD support. The MS-DOS command prompt will appear in a
3. Start SMARTDRIVE by typing "SMARTDRV" at the DOS prompt
and pressing enter. You don't have to run SMARTDRIVE, but copying the files
will be much quicker if you do. The computer will display the DOS prompt again.
4. Enter "CD I386" at the DOS prompt to change to the
directory where the setup program starts.
5. Enter "WINNT" at the prompt to start Windows XP setup.
The installation program will copy files to your computer and then display a
message requesting to reboot.
6. Press the "Enter" key to reboot. The setup program will
start again and check that your hard drive format is compatible with Windows
XP. If not, it will guide you through partitioning and formatting the drive and
then ask you to reboot once more.
7. Press "Enter" to reboot. The computer will restart in Windows XP mode and automatically start the Windows Setup Wizard to detect your hardware and finish the installation.
Feb 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 03, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Nov 19, 2007 | Computers & Internet
123 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!