Tip & How-To about Refrigerators
There are few Steps that you could Verify and narrow down the problem :-
1. Compressor - Make sure that the Compressor should be working. When you ON the refrigerator, you could hear a clicking sound from the Compressor.Compressor could be Hot but not enough to lay eggs on it.
Note - In case, you find that the Compressor is Clicking and Shut Down the machine every now and then, more often that's an indication of Faulty Compressors. With most Brands, they do come up with 5 Years Warranty.
2. Make sure all the Fans are Working. I have seen many times, that the Fans are not working and the people are Inspecting other Components in the Refrigerator.They should also be running at Optimum Speed.
3. Do you see any Ice in the rear of the Freezer? More often - Frost. ( Not Crystal Clear ). If yes, take a Blower / Dryer and melt it. You would see a complete Difference.
4. Make sure that the Condensor Motor is working. If you could hear Condensor Fan is running, it always indicate that the Motor is Fine too.
5. How many times we never clean up the Evaporator Coils? We are using it for Years and we never clean it. So, if this is the Case, time to Take a Vacuum and clean the Evaporator Coils.
6. It could be a Defrost Problem. There are many Components but How could you make sure?
The Best Way - Disconnect the Power Supply and Unplug the Cord. Take everything out of the Refrigerator. Keep the Doors Open for 24 hours. After 24 hours, plug in the Cord and then Turn ON the refrigerator.If you see that there is Some improvement, more likely you have faulty Defrost System.
7. On other Occasions, i have Found Overload Relay to be one of the reasons. I solved many Problems where the Customer Actually Test and Find that the Overload Relay is at Fault.
Note - There could be Freon Leak or Gas Leak which i am not considering right now. You need to contact a Licensed Professional t check these.
Hope the above information might have Helped you to Fix the Problem.
Thanks a lot for taking your Valuable Time and Reading this.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted by taran_2005 on
Apr 11, 2016 | KitchenAid Kitchen Ranges
May 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jul 16, 2010 | Kenmore Dehumidifiers
Mar 07, 2010 | Refrigerators
2,317 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!