Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
Well you do not need to return the printer because the files you have downloaded are drivers just they are installing on other way.
If you follow the explanation in the text below it will be very easy.
First as you say i think that you had already unzip the .exe file or if you did not follow the next steps:
1. Create one folder on the desktop named as you want or as the name of the printer for you after easy to find it.
2. double click on the " r41337en.exe " file that you had downloaded from the web site and click browse to find the folder that you had previously created on your desktop when you will locate the folder click unzip and after the message "successfully unzipped files " close the self executing program and see do in the folder are some files if there are some files, continue with the next step.
3. Click on the " Start " menu,
from the desktop in the left down corner,
and then click on "devices and printers"(doubleclick)
4. One window will open and than in the upper left corner you will find "add printer", click that button and it will appear a "add printer wizard" , click twice on the button "next" and select up the port you will use for the printer (do it will be a USB connection or with network cable is up to yours notion)and after you will select the type of connection click "next" again.
5. On the wizard on the right side has a button named "have disc" click on it,
it will appear window named " install from disc " than click the button named "browse" and then browse the folder which you had previously created on the desktop, in which you had unzip the files for the printer installation.
6. When you will locate the folder click on it with double click, then will apper folder named " DISC 1" click and on it with double click and then will appear file named " PCL6.INF " click on the file with double click ,
7. Then will appear a window named,
" install form disc" click on the button "OK" ,
then click on the button "next" three times and then click "Finish "
That is all the printer is now installed and ready for use.
Please answer do this was helpful for i to know do i need to post some more information
If you need something else please ask
Posted by OfficeServ... on
Nov 01, 2009 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 14, 2009 | Lexmark Z1300 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 25, 2009 | Lexmark Z600 InkJet Printer
Feb 14, 2009 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 10, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
5,048 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!