Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
In the Brother HL-2140 printer, it shows the Toner led light is on. Even if there is plenty of toner on the cartridge. It just wont print anything after initiating a print job since the toner light is on.Here is a trick on what you need to do:
1. Turn off the Brother HL-2140 printer.
2. Open the front access door to take out the toner from the carriage.
3. Notice that on both sides of the toner, you will see a small hole which is most probably the sensor.
4. What you do is to cover the sensor holes with masking tape and color the tape with black marker. Or, you can also use an electrical tape to cover them.
5. Shake the toner so that the ink inside will redistribute evenly.
6. Return the toner to the carriage and try to initiate a print again.
Posted by virtualhos... on
Sep 07, 2011 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Jun 02, 2010 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Apr 21, 2010 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | Brother HL 2140 Laser Printer
971 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!