Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. You will need to acquire an old PC or, if you have the money, buy a terminal off or ebay or likewise.
2. Its probably best to do a fresh re-install of windows (98 or 95 prefered).
3. Download free POS software such as DHPOS (http://www.dhpos.com). DHPOS is free and will cater for most of your needs as did mine.
4. Connect your equipment to the PC - Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, Receipt printer and cash drawer.
5. Use DHPOS configuration program to setup your devices. Codes for cash drawers and receipt printer's tearbar codes are found at http://www.dhpos.com/popopen.htm .
6. You should be ready to use your POS system.
Posted by Glen Allan on
Nov 07, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 09, 2013 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Mar 08, 2011 | eBay Auctions
Dec 02, 2010 | PayPal Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2008 | ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard
452 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!