Tip & How-To about HP Pavilion a1410n (ER890AA) PC Desktop
Internet Explorer 7 only allows you to download two files from the same server at a time. This is not a software limit but rather a limit imposed based on the web standard. Since this is simply a software setting, it can be modified and you can increase the limit to something much high such as 10.
1. Click the Start button, type regedit in the Search box, and then press Enter.
2. After Registry Editor loads, navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
3. Right-click in an open space and create a new DWORD key.
4. Type MaxConnectionsPerServer as the name of the new DWORD key.
5. Right-click this key and select Modify.
6. Set the base to Decimal and enter a value greater than 2, a.Like to use 15 as my value here. Press OK when you are done.
7. Create a new DWORD key and type MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server as the name.
8. Right-click this key and select Modify.
Set the base to Decimal and enter the new value. Use the same value as used in step 6. Click OK when you are finished.
9. Exit Registry Editor and reboot your computer
10. After your computer has rebooted, your new Internet Explorer settings are active.
BY GUNJAN SARKAR
Posted by gunjan... on
Mar 23, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 15, 2009 | YouTube Videos
Mar 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2008 | YouTube Videos
2,603 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!