Tip & How-To about Sony LBT-ZX6 Shelf System

Basic HiFi troubleshooting.

First things first. The unit doesn't switch on.
- Is it plugged in?
- Is the fuse blown?
- Does it look like it's suffered damage?

It switches on, but won't play anything / the lights come on, but no sound.

- We'll start at connections. Is your MP3 player/ iPod/ CD player/ record deck plugged in correctly?
- Are the speakers plugged in correctly/ at all?
- Is it in protection mode - this is a pretty standard thing now, where the amplifier tries to deliver more than it's rated current (ie, into a short circuit), and it cuts out. The only way to fix this is to take it to a local hifi shop, who will reset it (there's usually a small fee involved). The unit will be fine after that.

------- There is no bass. ----------
A few causes for this, so there's a few solutions.
- The speakers are out of phase. This is where one speaker is wired normally, one is wired in reverse. The bass from each speaker is "opposite" and would cancel out. To solve this, Make sure the + on the speaker is connected to the + on the amplifier. There's usually a stripe on the cable to help you determine this.
Cause # 2
The eq settings on your ipod/ unit have been messed with.
Set all the equiliser settings to flat, then readjust them to taste.
Cause # 3 (nasty one)
You've blown a woofer. The explanation is this - the speakers have taken in too much power, the bass unit has got too hot and the glue holding the coil in place has melted. Usually, the woofer can't be physically pushed when this happens. To solve this, it's new speaker time. An alternative is to see if you can get a recone kit for said speaker, and try to fix the voicecoil yourself. This isn't recommended to those who are new to the idea.

I hope this helps the reader.
Chris

Posted by on

Sony LBT-ZX6 Shelf System Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Headlight not working. Replaced the front signal lights and now no power to headlight. Fuse not blown. Headlight not blown.


Angela, if you know fuse and head light are good, then the relay (if it has one),switch, plug faulty, or wire damaged or not grounding. You can test all with a digital volt ohm meter or take it into a good Tech. and have them diagnose and estimate repair. Check the attached links,instruction and guides, Good luck
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."
How to Troubleshoot Motorcycle Headlight eHow
Things to check if headlight doesn work motorcycles
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080807084437AADgply

May 22, 2016 | Power Motorcycles

1 Answer

precor error codes 53


Precor Error 53, Can't Read Target, Can't Find Home Switch Probable Cause 1. Blown F2 fuse.
2. Home switch wiring is damaged or has intermittent connection.
3. Gear (elevation/incline) motor wiring is damaged or has intermittent connection.
4. Home switch is bad.
5. Gear (elevation/incline) motor is bad.
6. Gear (elevation/incline) motor target is damaged.
7. Lower PCA is bad.
Corrective Action
  1. Disconnect power from the unit. Remove the F2 fuse from the lower PCA. Using an ohm meter, measure the fuse for 1 ohm or less. If the reading is considerably high, replace the fuse. If the fuse is blown, inspect further for the cause to avoid the fuse blowing again. Inspect for damaged gear motor wiring or a bad gear (elevation/incline) motor. Replace if necessary.
  2. Thoroughly inspect the home switch wiring for damage or intermittent connections. Repair or replace damaged wiring or poor connections as necessary.
  3. Thoroughly inspect the gear (elevation/incline) motor wiring for damage or intermittent connections. Repair or replace damaged wiring or poor connections as necessary.
  4. Ensure the moving arm is away from the home switch and disconnect power from the unit. Disconnect both wires from the home switch. Using an ohm meter, check for approximately 0 ohms. Continue to monitor the home switch resistance and activate the home switch by hand. The reading should change from approximately 0 ohms to open (infinite). If either reading is considerably incorrect, replace the home switch.
  5. With unit disconnected from power, disconnect both wires from the gear (elevation/incline) motor. Using an ohm meter, check for approximately 9 ohms through the gear (elevation/incline) motor wiring. If the reading is considerably high or low, replace the gear motor.
  6. Inspect the gear (elevation/incline) motor target for rips, tears, or bad scratches. If any of these are found, replace the target.
  7. During the start up sequence, check the voltage at the gear (elevation/incline) motor. Voltage should be approximately 12VDC. The voltage should only be present between the time the sequence was started and the error 53 occurred. If the voltage is considerably low or absent and the F2 fuse proved good, replace the lower PCA.
Precor Error Code 53

Nov 02, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

replaced 20amp fuse that was blown. new fuse did not blow, but oven is still dead.


see this causes and fix it. God bless you
If your microwave oven doesn't seem to work at all, check these: Fuses Door switch Fuses Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it. Door switch If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work
9_24_2012_2_01_38_pm.gif

Sep 22, 2012 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

when I plug in my pro form 370e crosswalk it doesn't turn on nothing happens


1) test the outlet wall, reset the c.breaker from your house, or tes the fuse if are blown.
if the problem NOT result and is o.k the c.breaker
2) test the power cord, for open
3) Eliminate any extension cord
4) test the main switch for open
5) reset the switch attached to the main switch.
6) tight any wires loose
7) reset the c. breaker or replace the fuse blown see the block.

God bless you
7_3_2012_11_43_02_am.gif

Jul 02, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

No Indication...Dead Unit?


Firstly, try plugging the unit into another mains socket just to make sure it's not the socket that's faulty, or try another appliance in the socket you are using. Next, make sure the fuse in the plug hasn't blown. If you don't have a fuse tester, you can try the fuse in another similar appliance to see if it works. If it has blown and your spare lead is the same, there will be an internal problem. Inside the unit is an in-line 2 amp fuse. If this has blown you almost certainly have a power board problem. Always switch the mains off before plugging in or removing the mains lead from the rear of the unit. Back EMF can damage the appliance if you don't do this.

Dec 26, 2007 | Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Recorder

Not finding what you are looking for?

2,610 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Audio Players & Recorders Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

 Grubhead
Grubhead

Level 3 Expert

5056 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74106 Answers

Are you a Sony Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...