Tip & How-To about Mozilla Firefox
How to block Facebook adverts within the Firefox browser:
1. Go to this page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
2. Click: Add To Firefox
3. Wait for Install button to become active then click it.
4. Restart Firefox.
5. When Firefox opens, you should see a tab: Add Adblock Plus Filter subscription
6. If you want to block ads on many other sites, click the button next to EasyList (USA), then click Subscribe.
7. Under the Tools menu in Firefox, select Adblock Plus Preferences.
8. Click the Add Filter button.
9. Copy and paste the following filters
and click OK.
10. Close Firefox, then open it and go to Facebook. Adblock Plus should block all Facebook adverts
You can use the subscribed lists as well EasyList and Dr.Evil have good blocking lines and you can check which ones have worked in the Adblock addon options
Posted by SpideRaY on
Aug 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
944 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!