Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Compatibility Mode Windows 7
Information Compatibility mode allows a older program written for an earlier versions of Windows to possibly run in Windows 7.
Tip If changing the Compatibility settings does not fix the problem, go to theprogram manufacturer's website.
1. Right click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation program.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4. To Run a Program in Compatibility Mode -
A) Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
B) Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.
5. To Change the Settings for a Program
Check or uncheck the settings you want for the program.
6. To Change the Privilege Level of a Program
NOTE: Runs the program as an administrator. Some programs require administratorprivileges to run properly. If you are not currently logged on as anadministrator, this option is not available.
Check the Run this program as an administrator box to enable this option.
7. To Change All of These Settings Above for All Users -
A) Click on the Change settings for all users button.
B) Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 in this window to apply them to all users on the computer.
C) Click on OK.
8. Click on OK to apply the changes.
It's that simple!
Posted by Jesse... on
Oct 23, 2011 | Expert Software Bicycle Pinochle for...
Aug 12, 2010 | CDV Software Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars...
May 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
255 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!