Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How To: Change Your Ip In Less Then 1 Minute
1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen
2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok
You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.
4. Type "ipconfig/release" lust like that, ang hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on Network Places or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"
You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection" or something closed to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.
8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "ok" button here
14. Hit "ok" button again
You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.
15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "obtain an IP address automatically" .
18. Hit "ok"
19. Hit "ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address
With a little practice, you can easily get this process down to 15 seconds.
Posted by Francis... on
Here is how to fix that corrupted DNS cache in vista.
1. Click the Microsoft Vista Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
5. Select Run As Administrator
6. In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns
7. You will see the following confirmation:
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
After that in the same command window type
That should clear up the issue. Odds are you were sharing an IP address with someone else on the network.
Mar 24, 2011 | NetGear WNDR3400 N600 Wireless Dual Band...
Jan 12, 2011 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Nov 23, 2010 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
274 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!