Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Do the following to make your PC Fast
1. Turn on your computer, and hold down delete.
2. In the BIOS window, look for the Boot Menu option.
3. Choose the QUICK BOOT to turn off memory test
.4. Make sure the hard drive comes first in the BOOT ORDER.
5. Turn off any logo displays.
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click Run
3. In the command screen type msconfig
4. In the system configuration utility,click either BOOT tab.
5.In the boot menu, change the default setting for Time Out from 30 to 5 seconds.
1. Click the Start button.
2. In the Start Search bar, type control userpasswords2
3. Load the User Accounts window
4. Uncheck User must enter user name passwords...
5. Click Apply
1.Click Start button and load the Control Panel
2. Under the Control Panel menu, click Programs.
3. Under the Windows Defender heading choose View currently running programs
4. Choose Startup Programs from the Category option
5. Remove Programs that you feel unnecessary for startup
How to disable this indexing service
1. Click on Start
2. Click Run
3. Type services.msc
4. Select Indexing Service and Double click on it.
Select Manual under Startup Type.
5. Click Stop
6. Click OK
Posted by Tejodhar... on
Jul 24, 2012 | IBM Netvista Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz /...
May 04, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L655S5058 Notebook PC
Reinstall Windows from a Disk
1 Turn on your Toshiba . Insert your recovery disk or the original
Windows operating system DVD
into the 's CD/DVD drive. Turn off the computer.
2 Turn on the Toshiba . In the first few seconds while it is
starting up, press and hold the F12 key on your keyboard to access the Boot
Menu. (Note: Some Toshiba models may tell you to press "C" to boot
from the CD-ROM). The screen will display boot for this boot up
3 Use the arrow keys to navigate. Select the CD-ROM/DVD drive to
highlight it. Press "Enter." Be aware that this setting is for this
session only; it is not a permanent change.
4 Allow the computer to start up. Follow the onscreen instructions
for reinstalling the operating system from the disk.
Reinstall from a Recovery Partition
1 Boot up the Toshiba . In the first few seconds while it is
starting up, press and hold the F8 key. This will begin the "Advanced Boot
2 Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate the menu. Move
the keys to select "Repair Your Computer." Press "Enter."
3 Select your language and keyboard; click "Next."
4 Select your Windows user name from the drop-down menu. Enter
your password if required. Click "OK." This will begin the
"System Recovery Options" menu.
5 Select the Toshiba Recovery Wizard and follow the onscreen
instructions. The Toshiba Recovery Wizard will delete all existing data on the
hard drive and reinstall Windows.
Hope this helps!
Mar 28, 2011 | Toshiba NB505N508BL 10.1" Intel Atom...
Jan 02, 2010 | EPoX EP-8KRA2+ Motherboard
Mar 30, 2009 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
303 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!