Most people these days are excited enough to get their brand new desktop/laptops. So their first reaction majority of the time is that they start downloading a lot of random apps, and such. But in all truth, doing this just shortens the length of life and effectiveness of your computer. So I have 5 steps you need to take to ensure long and effective computer life.
- You need to have a good anti-virus program. I recommend looking at ESET NOD32, AVG, Avira, and Avast.
- You need to have a disk defragmenter/cleaner. I recommend Advance System Care Pro or Free. Depends on if you wanna spend money.
- Set up a secure Internet. Most people that have Wi-Fi join an unsecure network in their area. You need to buy a Modem and get a internet service provider. Make sure you set your own password so no hackers, or other Internet users use your wireless connection.
- Maintain your computer. Make sure use disk cleaner/defragmenter at least once a month. Do virus scans as well, you never know when a virus could slip into your computer when you leave it alone for just a second.
- Finally, know what your Downloading/Buying. You don't have to get or follow every single step to have a efficient computer. These steps have given me the ability to get the best quality and performance from my computer.
NOTE: You will have to spend money, if you want to have a SAFE, RELIABLE, and EFFICIENT computer.
Tutorial By: d-ruffles