Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Hardware Virtualization uses software to create a Virtual Machine (VM) that emulates a physical computer. This creates a separate OS environment that is logically isolated from the host server. By providing multiple VMs at once, this approach allows several operating systems to run simultaneously on a single physical machine.
Rather than paying for many under-utilized server machines, each dedicated to a specific workload, server virtualization allows those workloads to be consolidated onto a smaller number of more fully-used machines.
Beginning with Windows Server 2008, server virtualization using Hyper-V technology has been an integral part of the operating system. Windows Server 2008 R2 introduces a new version of Hyper-V. Hyper-V makes it easier than ever to take advantage of the cost savings of virtualization through Windows Server 2008.
· Increased availability for virtualized data centers through enhancements such as Live Migration
· Improved management of virtualized data centers through Powershell and System Center integration
· Increased Performance and Hardware Support for Hyper-V Virtual Machines via 64 logical processor support and processor compatibility mode
· Improved Virtual Networking Performance through new networking technologies
· A simplified method for physical and virtual computer deployments by using .vhd files
· Designed to provide a secure computing platform across both physical and virtual environments, enabled through next-generation architecture and security features
Posted by Milind... on
Sep 16, 2014 | Dell XPS 8700 Desktop PC - 4th Gen. Intel...
Oct 09, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
?· Select and install virtualization software for your MacBook Pro. You can choose from several popular virtualization packages for the Mac, including Parallels Desktop for Mac, VirtualBox and VMware Fusion. VirtualBox is a free, open source software package, while Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion are commercial software products
?· Install Windows within your virtualization software. You much purchase a copy of the Windows operating system if you do not already own it; it does not come with the virtualization software. Most virtualization software includes a wizard, or assistant, to guide you through the Windows installation. Windows will now run in a "virtual machine" on your MacBook Pro.
?· Install your Bernina Artista Embroidery Software on your virtual Windows system. You install software into the Windows virtual machine the same way you do on a physical PC.
?· Plug the Bernina security dongle into a USB port on your MacBook Pro. The Windows virtual machine acknowledges the dongle, and may ask you if the USB dongle is to be used with the Mac or Windows system. The dongle is a hardware device that provides copy protection for the Bernina embroidery software.
?· Run the Bernina Artista Embroidery Software by choosing it from the Windows Start menu
Dec 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 08, 2009 | Infogrames Thomas and Friends Railway...
699 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!