Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Is your computer running slow? Have you tried running anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software to speed it up, but to no avail?
Perhaps cleaning up your hard drive could help. This tip will explain, in step by step instructions, how to defragment your hard drive.
To Defragment your hard drive:
1) Go to My Computer.
2) Right click on your C drive.
3) Click Properties.
4) Click the "Tools" tab at the top.
5) Click "Defragment now..." in the middle of the window.
6) In the window that pops up click "Defragment disk"
Defragmenting your disk physically moves files that are similar or
fragmented into an area that will more efficiently use your space.
5) The Disk Defragmentor will analyze your hard disk.
6) After analyzing it will move and defragment the information appropriately.
Disk Defragmentation is complete. You should see noticable improvements in your computer's speed and preformance.
Posted by Casey Wood on
May 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 05, 2011 | ASUS Motherboard P5sd2-vm
Dec 14, 2010 | ASUS X71SL-B2 Laptop
Dec 28, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 12, 2008 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
171 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!