Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Are you out of hard drive space but can't find anything you'd like to remove from your computer?
Maybe you should try doing a Disk Cleanup.
Disk Cleanup will remove unnecessary files from your hard drive and if it hasn't been done on your system previously, free up a lot of space in the process.
To do a Disk Cleanup:
1) Go to My Computer.
2) Right click on your C drive.
3) Click Properties.
4) Click the "Disk Cleanup" button next to the visual representation of your hard drive space.
Disk Cleanup will calculate how much space you can free up and
what should be removed.
5) Under "Files to delete" select any files you don't want or need.
Generally all of the tabs can be selected and none of the files are
needed by your system. Below on "Description" you can view what
the files listed under each tab are for.
6) Once you have selected all of the files you want to remove click OK.
7) Disk Cleanup will remove the files from your system.
Disk Cleanup is complete.
Posted by Casey Wood on
Apr 20, 2013 | HP Mini 1000 Netbook
Mar 12, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Mar 18, 2010 | Samsung S860 Digital Camera
Apr 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
247 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!