Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
Any printer that is connected to a computer and is connected on a LAN can be configured so all other computers on the same network can print to this printer. This means the computer with the printer attached to it MUST be booted up at all times when other computers want to access the printer.
You need to install the printer driver on the computer and configure it as a Shared printer.
The other computers on the network need to add this printer to their computer.
Follow these steps to set-up a shared network printer :-
1. Connect the printer to the computer and install the printer driver.
2. Open Printers and Faxes - right click on this printer and click Sharing - click Sharing tab and click Share this printer, then if you wish you can change the Share name, then click OK
3. Right click on the printer – click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printer installation.
Follow these steps to configure the computers on your network :-
1. Open Printers and Faxes – click Add a printer – Next – select A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer - Next.
2. Select Browser for a printer – Next
3. Click on and expand the Microsoft Windows Network down to the computer with the printer – Next
4. Select Yes for - Use this printer as the default printer – Next – Finish
5. Right click on the printer – click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printer installation.
Posted by Chris... on
Dec 02, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 15, 2012 | Archos 101 Internet Tablet Notebook
Feb 07, 2010 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 19, 2006 | NetGear FR114P Router
Feb 19, 2006 | NetGear FM114P Cable/DSL ProSafe 802.11b...
3,458 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!