Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
The following steps will help to improve your system performance:
1. Don’t download any unknown software/application from the internet which will cause virus infection and slow down your system performance.
2. Always update the latest Virus definition, whenever released from Antivirus product vendor.
3. Delete the temp and temporary internet files from your profile once in a week.
4. Check and set the paging file size 1.5 to 2 times of your physical RAM.
5. Scan full system disk for virus atleast once in a week.
6. Check and scan the HDD for any errors using following steps:
Go to c: drive properties>tools>error-checking and select check now.
In command window, Type chkdsk /f x where x is your drive letter of the HDD.
7. Check free space for System drive, it should be more than the paging sige configured.
Posted by Rajesh Pai on
Apr 30, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Apr 29, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Mar 15, 2010 | Intuit QuickBooks Simple Start Edition...
Mar 11, 2010 | YouTube Computers & Internet
563 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!