Tip & How-To about Dolphin Maytronics Diagnostic Robot Cleaner
A common problem, especially with 'newer' Maytronics Dolphin brand pool cleaners is that you put the unit in the pool, or even try to turn it on after a cleaning cycle while it is still in the pool, and to that point it has worked fine. You turn the power supply on and nothing happens. You turn it off and back on and still nothing. You leave it, even over night, same thing. What do you do?
While I cannot tell you why it does this (we have a theory but can not confirm it) what usually works is to follow these steps...
1) Unplug everything. Unplug the power supply from the outlet and the Dolphin from the power supply.
2) Let the whole thing sit a couple of minutes (we want to allow any capacitors to discharge).
3) Be sure the Dolphin is out of the water and sitting upside-down on a level surface (Tracks pointing skyward).
4) Reconnect the Dolphin to the power supply and the power supply to the outlet.
5) With the Dolphin still out of the water, perform a self-test. Simply turn on the Dolphin. Within about 15 seconds it should begin to move. The tracks will spin in both directions with and without the impeller motor running at the same time. It is not unusual for the tracks to rotate at different speeds during this test. The test will last for 30 - 45 seconds or so. If it goes on indefinitely, turn it off and contact us for further direction.
6) Assuming the unit has now worked to this point, you should be able to put it back in the water and it will return to normal operation from this point on.
If it still won't run; it runs a few moments and quits the self-test; or runs continuously, contact us thru the Dolphin service form along the bottom of our home page at www.arrowpools.net.
Posted by John... on
Aug 08, 2015 | Dolphin Maytronics Diagnostic Robot...
Jul 20, 2011 | Dolphin Maytronics Diagnostic Robot...
Jun 06, 2011 | Dolphin Maytronics Diagnostic Robot...
Jun 05, 2011 | Dolphin Dynamic In - Ground Pool Cleaner
May 23, 2011 | Dolphin Maytronics Diagnostic Robot...
11,220 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!