Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
His tutorial will help you in creating a bootable USB drive ofWindows Vista which you can use to install Vista in any system. Itmight become very useful when you don't have access to DVD drive.
Use the tutorial available Here .
Do it using COMMAND PROMPT
1. First format your USB drive in NTFS file system. You can do it byattaching your USB drive to your system and then format it from MyComputer window.
2. Now open Command Prompt window from Start menu. Right-click onCommand Prompt entry in start menu and select "Run as administrator"option.
3. Now type diskpart in Command Prompt window and press Enter. It'll launch DiskPart program
4. Now provide following command:
It'll show a list of all drives in your system. Look for your USB driveentry. As in the below screenshot, the USB drive is "G" which you candetermine from its "Type" entry.
Now you have to select the USB drive volume by providing select volumeno. command. Since in our case volume no. of USB drive is "Volume 4",the command would be:
select volume 4
Now we have to make this drive active. So provide active command:
Now exit from DiskPart using exit command.
5. Now we need to create Boot sector on USB drive. We'll use"bootsect.exe" utility for this task. You can find this utility inWindows Vista setup disk. It'll be present in "Boot" directory.
Now provide following command in Command Prompt:
bootsect /nt60 G:
Here G is drive letter of USB drive. Replace it with the correct driveletter if your system has some other letter for USB drive.
6. At last, copy all files/folders from Vista Setup DVD to your USB drive and you have done.
Now you can boot using your USB drive and can install Windows Vista in any system.
Posted by Ashish... on
Apr 26, 2011 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Dec 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
446 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!