Tip & How-To about Car Audio & Video
I've been helping solve problems on FixYa for several months and one of the most common is finding an Owner's Manual or User's Guide.
Here's some basics that will help you located and download a free copy of your owner's manual.
1. Launch a search engine such as Google, or yahoo.
2. Search for the Brand name and "support".
Keep away from specific model name or number at this point. You want to locate the manufacturer's website, if it exists ...and it usually does.
3. Once you find their website, most have Customer Service, or Support or Download, links.... look around the homepage and see if you can't find one of these.
4. Look for the "Site Map" if you cannot locate a link.
5. Once you find the support site, look for downloadable manuals, user guides, etc.
6. Sometimes the manufacturer will have a search box. Enter "manual" or "user guide" in the box and see if you find a related page.
7. Some of the more well-known sites such as Maytag, Sears, etc, have obvious links, or boxes where you can actually enter a model name or number.
8. Once you locate the manual, they are typically a pdf file that is readable with a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to even print a hardcopy and use it for reference.
Some of my favorite locations for manuals:
Ford Cars and Trucks : Enter your year, and model
Canon Electronics USA : This is good for cameras, printers scanners, more
Car Stereo Wiring Color Codes Vehicle-specific wiring specs for stereos and alarms to help you wire that after-market stereo or alarm in your car.
Appliance Parts Finder a great store with PICTURES of your part so you know you're getting the right part. How-to guides are there too!
Ok, this is just for starters... I'll be posting more links to this TIP as I find the good ones...
Shoot, I'm not getting paid for this, so why not make it easy for everyone else, right?
Posted by KEN... on
May 23, 2010 | SkyGolf SkyCaddie SG4 GPS Receiver
Mar 15, 2010 | Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2010 | Teac Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 16, 2009 | Cell Phones
Aug 29, 2009 | Juicers
268 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!