Tip & How-To about Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 Webcam
If you are using Windows XP, and have tried to use the avatars or effects on a Logitech 4000 (and most other Logitech cameras) and the green arrow is 'grayed out', this is what is wrong:
Some of those 'speed up your computer' programs tend to disable un-needed services which run in the background of Windows.
Unfortunately, Logitech software needs one of these services to run in order for the avatars and effects to work correctly. Even Logitech themselves don't know why it needs this service running, but it does!
Keep in mind, this is a tip for Windows XP!
To make sure the needed service is running:
1. Click 'START', and go into 'CONTROL PANEL'
2. Once in control panel, click on 'Administrative Tools':
3. In Administrative tools, click on 'Services':
4. Scroll down to the 'Terminal Services'. (the screenshot shows Indexing Service):
5. If you see that 'Terminal Services' is disabled, that's your problem!
6. Highlight 'Terminal Services' and right click on it. Choose 'Properties'.
7. Change the 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic'.
8. Click 'Apply', then 'OK'.
9. Close out of the services menus.
Restart computer, and enjoy your avatars!
Posted by brian c on
Aug 22, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Messenger Web Camera
Dec 08, 2007 | Logitech QuickCam Chat Personal Web Camera
Oct 25, 2007 | Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 Webcam
Oct 07, 2007 | Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 Webcam
3,461 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!