Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
Are you thinking about buying that new shiny iPhone? Do you like that pretty new interface, and cool touchscreen interface? Well guess what you don't have to wait in line to get those features, lets mod YOUR phone to emulate it!
For these instructions you will need a touchscreen phone running Windows Mobile 5 or 6. We will be using an HTC Mogul 6800 for our mod. Let it be known that you can also mod a Palm based device to look like an iPhone but in this article we will only be focusing on the WM based phones.
1) To add the iPhone look to your dial pad, you will need to find and install: iPhone_dialpad.cab; Simply serch in google - download iPhone_dialpad.cab.
2) Next in order to get the nice slide unlock feature, we are going to need to install the Slide2Unlock program. This is freeware and you can download it from below link -
You will have to reboot once the slide2unlock has been installed.
3) Last but not least we will need to install the iPhone GUI. You will need to find a file called iPhone-0986.zip.
Simplay serch this file on google.
You will need to extract and drag and drop to a folder of your choice.
I used My Documents\iPhone
Once installed on your pocket pc; Navigate to that folder and highlight iPhone and click menu ->edit->copy
Once you have the copy in memory navigate over to the startup folder Windows\StartUp
This time select Menu Edit -> Paste Shortcut
You know have installed your iPhone skin on your Windows mobile phone.
You will need to configure some of the buttons by editing the "config.txt" file located in the iPhone folder that you copied to above (\My Documents\iPhone)
It is in the Following Format :
1. It first has the 16 icons paths as in \Icons\*.bmp
2. Then 16 Names for the icons
3. The then 16 application paths that will run for the apps as in \Windows\calendar.exe for example to launch the calendar
At the point where you have configured the buttons, your phone is pretty much iLike. If you would like to exit this interface, click on the battery.
The last couple things you might want to find would be the official iPhone ringer & maybe some extra icons for you to use.
So Enjoy you'r new iPhone.........
Posted by Mukesh... on
Oct 17, 2012 | Apple iPhone 5
Sep 20, 2011 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Aug 08, 2009 | Cell Phones
Jan 12, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
286 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!