Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. Right click anywhere there is open space on your desktop and left click on Personalize
2. Click on Window Color and Appearance.
3. At the bottom of the Windows Color and Appearance window click “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”
4. Look on the scroll list and see what scheme is set, more then likely it is defaulted to "Windows Vista Basic”, ensure that Enable Transparency is checked.
5. Look at the scroll list and select "Windows Aero" as the new scheme
6. Click on Apply and then click OK
7. When you get back to your desktop you should be able to see the background through the borders of open windows now!
Advanced Troubleshooting – Use these steps if required.
1. From the Start button, type REGEDIT into the Search box, then press Enter to launch the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Note: If you did not disable UAC (read my "Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista " article) then you will be prompted to consent to the action you're about to perform. Click Continue.
2. Locate the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
3. Modify the following value (REG_DWORD):
Composition-Change the existing value to 1.
4. Modify the following value (REG_DWORD): Composition Policy. Change the existing value to 2.
5. Close Registry Editor.
6. Open an elevated Command Prompt window.
7. In the Command Prompt window, type :- net stop uxsms press Enter.
Wait for the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service to stop, then type in :- net start uxsms .
8. We *might* need to restart your computer.
Posted by Shrey... on
Mar 14, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 15, 2011 | HP G62144DX Laptop
Select the required font and press OK. For Windows 7: Please click on the below link to view how to change the font in Windows 7. Change Font Settings . Please let me know the status. Thanks for posting to FixYa.
Feb 12, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Feb 03, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
204 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!