Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2013 | Electronics - Others
Speed Up Windows 7 Boot
Speed up Windows 7: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Time1. Click on Start, enter "regedit" into the search field.
2. Goto: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Speed Up Windows 7 Taskbar Thumbnail Preview
3. Double-click on "MouseHoverTime" and change the value to 100 or lower:
Change the mouse hover time to 100 or lower
4. Voilà, your thumbnail previews should appear a lot faster now. For another great tweak to speed up the Windows 7 taskbar, click here.
Speed Up Windows 7 Shutdown Time1. Open the registry editor (enter regedit into search field)
2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control"
3. Lower the value (12000 is the default value = 12 seconds) to a value of your choice
Speed Up Windows 7 Shutdown
Speed Up Application Access - Increase your productivityFirst of all create a folder "QuickStart" somewhere on your PC. Right-click on your taskbar:
Locate the folder "QuickStart" (you just created the folder so yo should know where it is) and then click "Ok". You are almost done, but we don't want that ugly text on our taskbar that is using a lot of space, turn it off:
Right-click on the new toolbar and uncheck "Show Text" and "Show Title"! Now drag the toolbar to the left until it's below the main icons and you will have something like this:
Sep 01, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 24, 2010 | Verbatim VER95327 USB Hard Drive
223 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!