Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If you have the two files iTunes.itl and iTunes Music.xml, you can trick Itunes into seeing your new library location when you move it to another drive.
Start with iTunes closed.
1. Copy the two files to a safe location.
2. Hold the Shift key down while opening iTunes
3. Tell iTunes to create a new library and locate it on the new drive.
4. Close iTunes
5. Copy all the music files into the new drive and iTunes folder
6. Copy the two files from the old location over the newly created iTunes files in the new folder.
7. Open iTunes
8. Check the music for playability.
This method will save you hours of importing time.
Posted by Circe... on
Apr 05, 2011 | Apple iPod nano
Jun 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
225 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!