Tip & How-To about Heating & Cooling
Here are some ways to become more efficient with your heating and cooling. Obviously you do not have to do them in order but try to complete as many as you can! = )
· Buy a laser thermometer! You can use this to detect air leaks (or at least areas with “minor” temperature differences) so you know where to put seals
· Keep blinds shut on hot days and open on cold days----helps reduce temperature extremities
· If the temperature is can be negated by using a t-shirt or a jacket, use that clothing! You will save temperature control costs and still be able to keep warm or cool
· Do not use those old lightbulbs on hot days---they make extra heat increasing cooling bills (but you can use them on cold days to help warm your house)
· Utilize energy star products to increase efficiency comfortably
· Set your thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and as high as is comfortable in the summer.
· If you are on vacation, turn of that air conditioning/heating! No one will be in the house if everyone is away and it shouldn’t be too uncomfortable to wait like one hour for the house to cool/heat
· Don’t turn your thermostat up/down just to heat/cool faster---all temperature control changes the house temp at the same rate and if you forget to turn it off, you just wasted some energy there!
· Don’t block heating/cooling vents so that your rooms can be controlled quickly and so that your air actually gets controlled, not your furniture
· Check up your air conditioning and heating systems regularly (not once a month but maybe once every year) so that the systems stay running the best they can
Posted by Alphaprime... on
Apr 08, 2017 | Goodman PHKJ048-1 Air Conditioner
Nov 16, 2010 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Feb 06, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Quest
Oct 30, 2008 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven
168 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!