Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
I have found that by taking these steps, in this order, I can get the best results. This is a systematic procedure, unfortunately with no screen images.
1. First, Restart your Computer and log in as the Administrator.
2. Click Start | Run, and type “%temp%” (with no quotation marks), then hit Enter.
3. In the resulting Explorer window, you will see the contents of the Temp folder. Highlight all, using Edit | Select All. Then Delete All, and confirm all are to be deleted. You might not be able to remove every file, as TMP files might be there from the start-up process. That's okay. Delete all you can, and then minimize Explorer.
4. Click Start, then right-click the My Computer icon. Choose Properties, and then choose the Advanced Tab.
5. In the center of that tab is the button for User Profiles. Click it.
6. Delete all User Profiles except the Primary User – and the Administrative User’s Profile.
7. Now, right-click the Internet Explorer icon, and choose Properties, or get there through Control Panel. In the General Tab, click the buttons in the center, the Temporary Internet Files section, and use the buttons to delete the Internet Cache and remove Cookies.
8. Restore Windows’ Explorer, and go to the Documents and Settings folder on the left side, under Drive C.
9. Click the Plus Sign (+) to expand this, then identify the folders that belong to the User, and the Administrative Users, whose profiles remain. For each one, you should clear all cookies, and all contents of the TEMP folders, and also delete the contents of the Temporary Internet Files, which you will find by expanding the Local Settings folder in the left window.
10.Farther down the folder tree for each Profile is another folder called UserData. Expand and clear out the Internet Cache too. You can minimize Explorer now.
11.When this is clean, you’re finally done.
If you follow all these steps, you will have the best chance of ensuring that all Gunkware has been removed from the system on which you are working.
Posted by Alex... on
Sep 04, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Oct 19, 2009 | Poulan/Weed Eater No. Te475 952711797 17"...
Jun 10, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
320 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!