Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Note - We are not responsible for any Damage/Data Loss!!
Many People have observed that the speed of the PC/Notebook is really slow. It makes people mad when it take minutes to even open a File or Song.Certain steps would ensure that this would be taken care of.
1. Basic Settings - RAM is the best measure of the Speed. More the RAM, more the processing speed and vice - versa. In an experiment, it was shown that XP can run even on 128 MB while most of the other Operating System Failed. So, if you are using XP, you should be glad enough to know that.
Ideally RAM should be more than 256MB. ( Higher - Better Results )
2. Norton - In a report, it was indicated that the speed of PC was slow due to Norton Applications. However, Norton do officially introduce patches that would fix this. I would advise you to use a Different Anti - Virus, but even if you want to use Norton, Make sure it should be updated.For Norton update, Right Click the Norton icon on the Lower Bottom corner of the task bar and click on Update. Once updated, it would improve the situation.
3. Virus, Adware,Spyware, Malware, Keyloggers - Always aware of all these. If you have any one of these installed/Present in your PC/Laptop, this is dangerous. These could make permanent registry changes and crash your PC. Make your PC work like insane that you need to wait even more than 5 minutes for an application to open. The hardest part, your data could be stolen without your authorization.
Install an Anti - Virus and Scan the Complete PC/Notebook to make sure everything is all Set to GO.
4. Data - You might have observed whenever you want to save Data, the first option you get is Save it - Windows C. This is the Drive ( On most Occasions ), where your Windows Files are situated, Always try to avoid data in the driver where you have Saved Windows Files.You would see an improvement.
5. There are Few other steps like Disk Clean and Defragmentation of the Hard Drive that would also help you.
6. Virtual Memory - You must have hear regarding Virtual Memory. This is the best bet , if you want to increase RAM speed without adding physical RAM.This option works like miracle.
This would also Fix Error's like - YOUR SYSTEM IS LOW ON VIRTUAL MEMORY OR SYSTEM IS DANGEROUSLY LOW ON RESOURCES
There is a Well Known Trick for XP Users - They could increase the Speed tremendously by Disabling the Group Policy Option in your Computer.
7. Registry Clean - If your system is slow after a recent Virus/Adware attack ( Even after removal ), or might work in a strange way, after you have installed a Software/Driver or due to some change you made , it would mean that there has been a change in Windows Registry. You need to Fix this. Either Restore the PC or Download Registry Cleaning Software.
I hope the above point's would be able to Fix 99% of the problems associated with Speed.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted by taran_2005 on
Jul 17, 2011 | ASUS UL50Vt Notebook
Jun 21, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1521 Notebook
Nov 23, 2010 | 1991 Toyota Pickup
Mar 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Feb 06, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens LIFEBOOK N6110 PC Notebook
393 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!