Tip & How-To about Garden
Fuel Starvation - Float Bowl Carburetor
1) remove air filter assembly
*be cautious of tearing the mounting gasket. If it does tear, you HAVE to replace it. It is part of the priming system
2) remove the float bowl fastener. This is the main jet
3) carefully remove the float bowl, the rubber o-ring/gasket will not be able to be used if it is removed, you WILL have to replace it
4) using a spray 'carb cleaner'
spray up thru the center of the carburetor
spray and clean the main jet with cleaner and 'tag' wire
(tag wire is very thin, and can be used to clean the hole in the center of the main jet)
5) clean any debris from inside the bowl or carb body
6) re-install bowl and center bolt, air filter assembly
*if you need gaskets, your local lawn & garden dealer can supply. The kit is cheaper than individual gaskets, and all the parts needed to finish the above repair are in the kit.
Posted by Roland W... on
Nov 24, 2009 | Garden
Nov 23, 2009 | Parks Optical Briggs And Stratton Engine...
Nov 22, 2009 | Honda Electrical Supplies
Nov 19, 2009 | McCulloch Electrical Supplies