Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet

Extend the Windows 7 Trial from 30 to 120 Days

On the last day of your trial, log into the command prompt as administrator and type, "slmgr -rearm". This should reset the 30 day counter 4 times before it stops working. Pleanty of time to decide if you really want to give up the stable and reliable XP box sitting in your den.

Posted by on

Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

2 Answers

my window is 1 month activate so provide me full key my product id is 0071-177-0000061-85194

Hello, please you forgot to mention what windows version you have installed (vista or windows 7). Ether way you can only obtain genuine windows keys from microsoft or buy a retail version of windows.

However if you need more time to enjoy windows 7 freely and legally, do this:
1. Click Start, click All programs and then click Accessories
2. Right-click on Command prompt and choose Run as administrator
3. Type slmgr -rearm and restart when asked

This will reset your 30-day trial windows 7, you can use it up to three times

Have fun

Jul 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

my production code dont work i think a trial verson of vista was loaded on and now only runs in safe mode

You can extend the 30 Day Trial to 120 Days by following method. Start computer in safe mode. Open the Internet Explorer type c: at the address bar of the Internet Explorer and press enter It will ask for the UAC - User account Control. Click continue on that. Now type C:\Windows\System32\ into the address bar. then find the file cmd.exe and right click the file and click on run as administrator. Command prompt will open. Now type the command slmgr -rearm and press enter Type the command [ slmgr -rearm ]and enter again. Do the above step three times. The windows will work for next 120 days

Apr 17, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet

1 Answer

hi mame is robert and i have a HP dvd6000 NOTEBOOK i day i was playing my movies and my omputer said ineeded a product key this my first computeriuv it idk what happen now i cant do my work at school ? plzhelp me

Hi Robert!
It seems you're using a trial or pirated version of Windows... What you should do is buy a legitimate Windows software from a Microsoft distributor (or any other operating system of your preference) and install it on your computer.
If it's indeed a TRIAL (evaluation) version, you could extent it in 30 days (up to 4 times), by following these steps:
  1. Go to the start menu and type CMD
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt (which will appear above) and choose Run as Administrator.
  3. A new black windows will be opened (a console window). Type in: "slmgr -rearm" (without the inverted commas) and hit Enter.
  4. Type "exit" and hit Enter again.
You're good to go for another 30 days...
Afterwards, you'll HAVE to buy a license to keep using Windows - or reformat your computer!


Mar 16, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

Not finding what you are looking for?

135 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions