Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
Have you ever wanted to know what causes a nice LCD to give out so soon?
Poor electronics components such as Capacitors. I will tell you how to spot a bad capacitor in your failing tv.
1. Caution before opening any unit you want to be very careful as there is high voltage inside these units.
2. Make sure you not voiding any warranties by conducting such work.
3. Open up the back of the TV and inspect your boards inside Bad capacitors would be puffed up and swollen.
4. When you see a capacitor like the pictures blow you want to replace them as this is causing your malfunction.
5. Replace only with the same UF and Voltage ratings this will ensure that you will not have a fire or other malfunctions.
Bad capacitors are cause by age,heat,dust,debris, and manufacture defects. Once you discovered a bad capacitor its all up to you on what you do next. Now you must have some soldering skill to remove and put the new ones in but its pretty easy. What you will need is:
1. Soldering Iron at least 40 to 80 watts.
2. Solder retrieval device
3. Your new capacitors with the correct ratings.
4. A whole lots of patients.
Once your done with your repair fire on your TV and enjoy. This has been another wonderful tip by Rulds2008.
Like what you see?
Please use the Very Helpful rating below!
Thank you for using FIXYA.COM
gps, home theater systems, home theater, tv repair, computer repair, laptop, repair, computer, laptops, home, computers, desktop, pc, parts,printers,refills,printhead,plunger
Posted by Grand... on
Aug 04, 2011 | Philips 50PF9631D 50 in. HD-Ready Plasma...
Aug 01, 2011 | LG RZ-37LZ55 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jul 19, 2011 | JVC LT-42X579 42 in. LCD TV
Jan 12, 2011 | LG 22" FLATRON LCD Monitor
Sep 05, 2010 | Samsung SyncMaster 540N 15" LCD Monitor
3,155 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!