This tip is generally to be used with when you first buy a new laptop, or a new battery.
The trick here is letting the battery charge and then die.
So here is what to do
- Plug everything in and begin charging the laptop
- When it gets full, take the power out and let it drain using a high performance setting
- Once its dead flat, re charge it
- Once its fully charged, take the power out and use the default power settings (The automatic setting when you unplug the AC)
- Once its flat, charge it again
- Once its fully charged, Take the power out and set it to your personal settings you want when there is no AC connected.
Once these steps are done, your battery will 'learn' how much to charge and how to discharge, giving you a longer lasting battery.
Another handy tip is if your going to be using AC power a lot, take the battery out when you do this. And also when using a battery let it deplete and then recharge to keep it in top shape
If you are having additional problems, want more tips or need to speak
to me on any other computer related matters, please don't hesitate to
contact me on FixYa!
Have a nice day