Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
To install the HP printers with a built-in Jetdirect print server as a network printer you need to do the following -
1. Configure the HP's IP address using the printer's Menu options.
Enable the Network and configure the Network settings so it matches the IP range of your network. eg if your IP's are 192.168.0.xxx then set the HP to a high number say 100, set the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0
2. Install the HP printer driver on your computer/s using the LPT printer port.
3. Connect the printer to the network hub/router with a LAN cable and power up the printer.
4. Click on Printers an Faxes - right click on the HP printer and click on Properties.
5. Click on Ports and click on Add Port.
6. In available ports - click on Standard TCP/IP Port and then Configure port.
7. Tick the IP box and type in the IP address of the HP's IP address.
8. Click OK and tick Enable bidirectional support and then OK
You need to install the printer driver and configure the TCP/IP port for HP printer the same way on every computer on your network.
Now any computer on your network can print to this printer.
For detailed instructions on configuring the Jetdirect card, go to this WEB site.
Posted by Chris... on
Apr 16, 2013 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Dec 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 31, 2012 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2012 | HP P2035N LaserJet Monochrome Printer
9,007 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!