The following reasons may cause to the error message:
1. Time Synchronization problem.
2. Missing permission to access the remote computer (Share, NTFS, GPO).
3. Firewall and/or third party product may eliminate connection to the remote computer.
4. The computer account isn't disable (Or have expired computer account password)
or doesn't exiting in the domain.
5. Active Directory replication problem may occur.
- Verity correct time zone and clock synchronization:
Windows Time Service Technical Reference
2. Verity correct permissions on the remote host.
Tip: A useful that can be used is: (GPResult.exe) Command Line Tool
How to Use the Group Policy Results (GPResult.exe) Command Line Tool
3. Open the required ports on the remote computer.
4. Verity that the computer account is active and the computer connect to the domain.
Tip: A useful that can be used is: Netdom.exe Command Line Tool
5. Verity correct replication in the Active Directory Replication.
Troubleshooting File Replication Service