Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
I have seen very many visitors to the FixYa site complaining of their phones having taken a dip. Not amazing at all. It just happens sometimes. So what do you do if your phone gets wet due to rain or having fallen in a glassful of water(?). (Some experts have suggested that it should be put in a heap of rice that soaks water completely. Well, that does work wonders but we sometimes do not have that much time as it is time consuming. In terms of days.) The first thing you should do is remove the battery and SIM, soonest. Do not give your phone time enough to get heated up and burn some components due to short circuiting. And then remove whatever you can without a screwdriver (if you are a novice). Take out your hairdryer or whatever such device you have. Without switching on the heat throw air on to the phone. Yes, without heat as we do not want to toast the phone. Do it in short bursts many times. We do not have a way of finding out if the insides of the phone have dried up. And can not take the risk of the short circuiting due to traces of water inside. So, we use the hair dryer a little longer to make sure that the water has evaporated fully. And a little more to be extra sure. After that the phone can be assembled again, ie, put the SIM, battery, the back cover and whatever else you removed, in that sequence. And cross your fingers before powering it on. The phone should bootup with both the signal and battery indicators showing their respective strengths.
Posted by Rinoo... on
Sep 15, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2014 | Watches
Aug 08, 2012 | HTC Amaze 4G
Jul 06, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry ® 8830 Cellular Phone
1,315 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!