More users are reporting that their Chromebooks are not turning on or the screen stays black. For some the problem comes and goes but for others their machine just stays off all the time. If your Chromebook doesn't turn on there is a few different problems that can be the cause.
This article will go through all the possible causes. I've arranged them in order from simplest to fix to most complex so that you can go through them one by one until your Chromebook turns on again.
So just try each fix and stop when your Chromebook turns on! Cheers!
Fix #1: Connect Your Chromebook To Power
Let's start with a very simple solution that worked for one of my customers at my computer shop. Simply take your Chromebook, plug it into the wall power outlet, and try to turn it on.
If that doesn't work no worries move onto Fix #2.
Fix #2: Power-Cycle Your Chromebook
- Unplug your Chromebook from power.
- Remove the battery is that is possible on your model of Chromebook (it isn't on most Chromebooks)
- Press and Hold the power button for one whole minute.
Now try to turn on your Chromebook.
Fix #3: EC Reset Your Chromebook
Fix #4: Let Your Chromebook Charge For A Few Hours
If the Chromebook is very low on charge it may just need to charge. Let it sit plugged in and charging for around four hours. I suggest leaving it plugged in over night.
Try turning it on in the morning.
Fix #5: Disconnect Battery And Power-Cycle (Advanced)
Most Chromebook machines have a built in battery that is sealed inside. However most of the batteries are not that difficult to reach if you have a screwdriver and are careful.
Look up a disassembly video for your chromebook model on youtube and watch it to see where the battery is located.
- Unplug your chromebook.
- Open your chromebook to get to the battery.
- Disconnect the battery cable.
- Carefully move the chromebook so that you can reach the power button. Press and Hold the power button for one minute.
- Re-connect the battery cable. Make sure the connection is secure.
- Close up your chromebook. Plug it in.
Try turning it on now.
or this link might help you out some more.
chromebook acer 14 but it will not turn on Google Search