Tip & How-To about Miscellaneous
Green sulphur smell and taste can really ruin boiled eggs in salads and deviled egg dishes. So if you want only delicious, bright yellow yokes, follow these steps:
1. Boil water *, enough to cover eggs, don't add eggs until it is rolling.
2. Pierce the fat end of the eggs with pin or sharp knife, you just need a pressure relief hole.
3. Carefully lower pierced eggs into boiling water.
4. Set timer for 12 minutes of boiling the eggs.
5. After 12 minutes, turn off stove, pour out water with eggs in pot and shake the eggs around pot to crack them.
6. Add ice water to the pot with the cracked eggs and let stand for three minutes.
7. Peel eggs under running water.
8. Enjoy delicious boiled eggs with fluffy yellow yokes!
* Note: If you have hard water, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the boiling water. If not sure, add anyway, it won't hurt.
Posted by taduncan on
Feb 16, 2015 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Jul 24, 2014 | 1999 Lincoln Navigator
May 22, 2011 | Emson EggGenie Egg Genie Electric Egg...
Sep 03, 2009 | Whirlpool 24 in. Portable Dishwasher...
257 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!