Tip & How-To about Miscellaneous
Stretched elastic ribbing is expensive to replace, often more than the jacket cost new.
To restore stretch back into ribbing simply :
1) Cut a small hole either end of the ribbing
2) Thread a length of 5.0 mm elastic chord of the correct color and length. Length should be enough to provide a comfortable amount of elasticity.
3) Sew or secure either end of the elastic chord to the main body of the jacket.
4) Sew several small hem loops to secure the elastic chord to the downward internal edge of the elastic ribbing.
5) Try on jacket and adjust if required.
This won't replace the elastic ribbing appearance, but looks as close as you can get at the right price.
Posted by Darryl... on
May 21, 2016 | Heating & Cooling
Apr 07, 2016 | Bissell Vacuums
Dec 26, 2013 | Clothing Accessories
May 11, 2011 | 2002 Maserati Spyder
Dec 16, 2009 | Vacuums
59 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!